For upholstery cleaning, we use the hot water and steam extraction method for the removal of soil and stains from your fine fabrics. This kills germs and bacteria during the cleaning process leaving your textiles hygienically clean and stain free* and almost dry.
We also use specialist air movers on site to aid the drying process, meaning your furniture can be back in use as soon as possible. Actual drying times vary depending on ambient room temperature and the degree of soiling on the fabric. I.e. the more heavily soiled, the deeper the wash necessary to remove the dirt and hence drying time will be longer. Most furniture will be dry within 2 to 24 hours.
Essential steps for proper upholstery cleaning:
- Pre-clean the fabric using heavy duty industrial vacuum for dry soil removal
- Pre-treat stains with appropriate solution according to the type of stain
- Pre-spray the fabric with soil releasing agents
- Use soft horse hair brush or similar, agitate fabric fibres ensuring rapid soil suspension
- Use hot water extraction and steam to clean deep down and sanitise fabric
- Extract and rinse leaving the fabric soil free and hygienically clean
- Air dry using industrial air movers
Not all stains can be removed completely, although nearly all stains can be vastly improved upon to an acceptable standard. This can be due to prior cleaning attempts or incorrect products being applied or other products not being completely removed, causing the stain to set, leading to a permanent colour change.